♥Table of Contents
Brazilian Embroidery Patterns and Kits
♥ JDR Brazilian Embroidery Designs
♥Hearts and Flowers Designs
♥Quilt Sampler Designs
♥Brazilian Embroidery Learning Kits
♥Brazilian Embroidery Guest Designers
♥Threads and Ribbons
♥YLI Silk Ribbon
The following is the recommended needle sizes for each weight of Z-twisted 100% Floss:
Nova: Heavy weight with an easy twist 10 meters
Boucle` Heavy weight with a bumpy twist 10 meters
Lola: Heavy weight with a tight twist 19 meters
Cire`: Heavy weight with a loose twist 10 meters
Frost: Medium wt. with a very tight twist 15 meters
Iris : Medium weight with an easy twist 15 meters
Glory: Fine weight with an easy twist 20 meters
* Sunshine's theory on needle size:
1. If the floss can be threaded without a lot of difficulty and the needle does not slide off the floss when dangled - you have a good size to work with.
2. If your floss becomes frayed after stitching for a short time - try the next size larger needle.
3. When working with a thick floss, the needle is your tool that spreads the fibers first to let the thread pass thru easier.
4. If the thread consistently becomes loose of the needle - try using the next size smaller needle.
5. If you can see the entry or exit hole of your needle after stitching - you are using too big of a needle.
6. Since the needles do not come with an imprint on them stating the size, it is best to create a way for you to keep the sizes straight. Something as simple as marking a piece of fabric with the needle sizes and making sure that you replace that size needle in it's appropriate place works. One stitcher told me that she uses a different "Needle Nest" for each size needle. There are many needle keepers that can be purchased or made but I use the above guidelines if I am in doubt.
Sunshine's Newest Book
Sunshine's Fantasy World 04-2010
Information♥Thread Inventory Sheets
♥ Thread Order Blank
♥ Needle Size Charts
♥ Thread VS Needle Size
♥What do I need to begin?
♥Opening A Skein
♥Straightening Your Threads
♥Storing Your Threads
♥Knotting The Thread
♥Correct use of Hoop
♥ Gift Certificates
♥ Contact Us
♥ Printable Catalog and Price sheets
♥ Teachers Information
♥ Wholesale Information
Where is JDR Brazilian Elegance?
A Little about Sunshine
Visit our totally Dimensional site.
JDR Brazilian Elegance Specializing in Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery but providing stitchers with much more!